Saturday, August 20, 2005

The Great Raid

Not many people have heard of it, but go see The Great Raid. I knew there was a war movie coming out, I knew Benjamin Bratt was in it, but didn't know anything else. Then as I was watching the news, they were talking about this movie coming out which had to do with World War II and the Philippines. Last year when my aunt and I went back "home" we visited Bataan so I got a little history lesson on the war and the US' involvement. Needless to say when I saw the piece on the movie I definitely wanted to go see it. It's a great movie and it makes me proud to be an American and proud of my Filipino heritage.



About the Movie: Set in the Philippines in 1945, "The Great Raid" tells the true story of the 6th Ranger Battalion, under the command of Lieutenant Colonel Henry Mucci (Benjamin Bratt) who undertake a daring rescue mission against all odds. Traveling thirty miles behind enemy lines, the 6th Ranger Battalion aims to liberate over 500 American prisoners-of-war from the notorious Cabanatuan Japanese POW camp in the most audacious rescue ever.

No comments: