Saturday, July 05, 2003

Happy 4th of July


This will actually post on the 5th of July, but to meet it's still the 4th. Happy 227th Birthday America!!! Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th. My fourth was okay. Nothing too exciting. Just went over to a friend's house for "free" food. Sat at home and watched fireworks on TV. Cried a little because I realized what a total LOSER I am. I was a little sad because I didn't watch fireworks live, but then again, had no one special to watch them with. Figured even if my boyfriend was here, we probably would have gotten into an argument and I would still be doing the same thing, playing computer games and watching 20/20 while flipping to the Macy's Fourth special. Could have gone with co-workers, but again, everyone would have been paired up and I alone. Anyway, later today (the 5th) I go down to Houston to see family. These next two weekends should be good...a nice dose of family and friends. I really can't wait til next weekend though. My friend and roomie for two years is getting married. It should be fun because I get to see one of my other roomie's and her little boy. It's also in Chicago (All-Star MLB weekend) and good ole H-O-M-E. It's also a chance for me to get a haircut. Gotta love Chicago!!!!!

Anyway, here's today's Friday Five (or technically yesterday's).

1. What were your favorite childhood stories? Anything Mother Goose, the traditional Three Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, etc.

2. What books from your childhood would you like to share with [your] children? Same as above

3. Have you re-read any of those childhood stories and been surprised by anything? Haven't had the chance to re-read childhood stories.

4. How old were you when you first learned to read? 3 years old (I think, my mom said I used to also make up stories to the pictures...how imaginative).

5. Do you remember the first 'grown-up' book you read? How old were you? Don't really remember the first "grown-up" book. Well, I guess most of the books I read in English lit would be considered 'grown-up' and if that's the case, I'll NEVER forget Animal Farm...yuck!!!

No comments: