Thursday, October 16, 2003

I still love the CUBBIES


I just created this awesome post and can't seem to find where it has been saved. ARGH!!! Bascially I still love the Cubs and as much as it pains all the Cub fans everywhere, we must follow the age old addage..."Next Year." But this year it is more painful than ever to say that. As I had a full post working, I was watching ABCNews. They just showed snippits of news from the ABC Chicago affiliate and I LOVE the city of Chicago and their fans. We believe and will always believe. It is just not our time. I didn't cry at the bar tonight, but believe me, as I watch the news and listen to the reporters put comments to the images that I only saw up on the TV screen, I tear up. Not only does a city feel pain, but a nation does too. I feel sorry for MLB. They could have had the best ratings in baseball EVER with the Cubs in the World Series, but now must fall back on the poor fishies. I want to post more, but it is 3:30am and I am falling asleep as I type.

However, before I go to bed. PLEASE do not blame the poor Cub fan that made the mistake of not letting Alou make the catch. Shame on the media for saying his name, giving out his info, showing where he lives and showing where he works. That DID NOT cost the Cubs the possible World Series appearance. DO NOT make him the scapegoat for a bunch of flubs made by the men on the field. The poor guy issued an apology to all of Chicago. Buddy....it is not your fault!!!! That makes me cry even more.

No comments: