Thursday, March 20, 2003

I haven't posted since Monday and so much has happened. The war started yesterday. We even stopped class to listen to President Bush's speech. While I am against war and feel there can be some other PEACEFUL way to resolve our issues with Iraq, I support our troops and our President. They are there to do a job and the least we can do is support those who are not only fighting for us, but for those who are oppressed under the current Iraqi regime. Today around the world there are protests. Americans are losing allies and friends. While I believe in the freedom of speech and the protest against the war, I feel that our troops need to know that our prayers are with them. We should not be angry at them for doing what they have signed up to do. I thought about this last night, and I realized that I don't know anyone in the military, but I know many who do. For them I pray that their loved ones return home safe.

God Bless our Troops.

No comments: