Sunday, February 06, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my birthday! How cool is it that my birthday is on Superbowl Sunday?! I will be celebrating with my peeps at a local hang out.

Yesterday I went to see Gavin DeGraw at the Lakewood Theater. HOT, TALENTED and YUMMMMMMYYYY!!! If you get a chance to see him live, you must! The show was great, the live piano made me want to cry. It was a sold out show and Billy hooked it up. THANK YOU BILLY! We even got a chance to meet him! Great marketing tactic, if you buy a piece of merch you got a wristband to meet him after the show. More about that in a bit. Back to the show. His opener was Michael Tolcher. He was good. Lots of fun. But Gavin was just WOW! He did everything from Chariot and a couple of covers including Marvin Gaye's Let's Get it On...that was just YUM!



Anyway, so we are in line and finally get up to meet him. His birthday was on Friday so of course we had to mention that he shares the same birthday as Julie (HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO BOTH OF YOU!). I told him since it's after midnight it was officially my birthday. We both got birthday hugs from Gavin!!!! Unfortunately I depended on the idiot security guy to attempt to take our picture with my camera. Retard didn't know how to use it and after three attempts, we had to give up because we were holding up the line. I should have just taken the pic of Julie, Gavin and Jackie, then had one of them take a pic of me and him, but I wasn't even thinking. Before I walked away I did slip him a wN business card and told him to check out the band. He said "Yeah, I'll definitely do that Rosie"...he said my name!!!! As I walked away I turned and opened my camera and got a shot of him and looked at the security guy and gave him a dirty look...IDIOT! All in all, great show! He's playing again tonight....maybe I should stalk him! Just kidding.

No comments: