Monday, September 20, 2004

If I Ever Lose My Faith....

Last night I went to see Sting and Annie Lennox at the Smirnoff Music Center. What a beautiful night to be on the lawn as both amazing artists did their sets. WOW! I can now mark off these two artists from MUST SEE concerts(also on the list, Madonna, Prince, U2).

The "opener" was Sting's guitarist Dominic Miller. His guitar skills are awesome. He even played the National Anthem for all us Americans...beautiful. Then his surrogate older brother Sting, came out and did "Shape of My Heart"...amazing.

Annie Lennox came out next. She has such an amazing voice. Doing stuff I didn't recognize and then some of her hits, especially "Here Comes the Rain Again" as she played the piano. As she did "Why?" you can see the "Dangerous Liasons" concept video in your head. She came on for her encore and did "Sweet Dreams"...wow.

Finally the moment, Sting takes the stage. Lovely voice, sexy man, mesmerizing guitar playing...yum! The stage was amazing. The video screens behind him flashing artsy imagery, girls in lingerie, "Fields of Gold", guitar camera shots, etc. At one point Annie Lennox came out and did "We'll Be Together" with Sting. And Sting's backup singer, something Rose...sorry I can't remember her name, did a duet with him and her voice was on fire! My favorite was his encore when he did "Desert Rose" and "Every Breath you Take." I can't think of anymore adjectives, just check out the show. Two legendary artists in one night...can't miss, shouldn't miss!

No comments: