Friday, September 19, 2003

Friday Five


Happy Birthday Friday Five!!

1. Who is your favorite singer/musician? Why? Fave musicians are the five guys of wakingNorman. They are an up and coming acoustic rock band from the Dallas area.

2. What one singer/musician can you not stand? Why? Anything tooooo heavy metal, anything tooooo country and anything toooooo ghetto/gangsta rap. I appreciate the need for those types of music, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

3. If your favorite singer wasn't in the music business, do you think you would still like him/her as a person? Yes, the five guys are the sweetest guys I know (the playas they are). Besides I work for them and they are great to work with.

4. Have you been to any concerts? If yes, who put on the best show? YES!!! From *NSYNC to Dave Matthews Band. The best shows I've been to (and I make it plural because there is definitely more than one)...NSYNC, Barenaked Ladies, Depeche Mode, and Duran Duran.

5. What are your thoughts on downloading free music online vs. purchasing albums? Do you feel the RIAA is right in its pursuit to stop people from dowloading free music? Now being part of the music business, I understand the seriousness of the situation. When you think about it, about approximately 60 million people "download" free music (stealing) and if those people were to purchase 1 CD at (and I realize this is low) $10, that's a loss of $600 million dollars. And you wonder why the RIAA is pissed? Uh, you do the math!!!

No comments: